What is SMC Trading?
SMC trading is based on the following principles:
- Market makers control the market. 🏛️ Market makers are large institutions that buy and sell large blocks of securities. They have a significant influence on price movements, and their actions can often dictate the direction of the market.
- Smart money follows the trend. 📈 When smart money is accumulating a position in a security, they will typically do so in the direction of the trend. This means that if the market is trending up, smart money will be buying, and if the market is trending down, smart money will be selling.
- Retail traders can follow the smart money. 💡 By identifying the signals that smart money is leaving behind, retail traders can increase their chances of riding the trend and making profitable trades.
How to Trade with SMC
There are a number of different ways to trade with SMC. However, some of the most common techniques include:
- Identifying key levels of support and resistance. 🛡️ Smart money often uses key levels of support and resistance to enter and exit positions. By identifying these levels, retail traders can increase their chances of entering trades at good prices and exiting them at good profits.
- Using trend lines and channels. ↗️ Trend lines and channels can be used to identify the direction of the trend and to determine potential entry and exit points.
- Analyzing order flow. 📝 Order flow analysis can be used to identify the buying and selling activity of large institutions. This information can be used to identify potential reversals in the trend.
SMC Trading vs. Technical Analysis
SMC trading is often marketed as being ✨better✨ than standard price action or technical analysis, due to the fact that you're now trading on the side of 🏦banks🏦. However, is this true? Well, not really!
There are a 💯huge number of similarities💯 between standard technical analysis and SMC concepts. In fact, with SMC, you're still not looking at any real liquidity or order blocks. You're 🕵️♂️perceiving what could, in fact, be order blocks within candlesticks and drawing these on your charts. This is no different from conducting technical analysis, as you aren't looking at footprint price data, only drawing patterns from candlesticks.
Does this mean SMC doesn't work? No, not at all! We're confident that SMC trading works just fine, much like technical analysis. There are three main reasons for this:
- SMC encourages 📈high risk to reward ratios📈. This is the main reason SMC trading works. You're able to net 🤑high risk to reward trades🤑. This will be crucial for staying profitable on a funded trading account.
- SMC traders focus on trading at times of 🔛high volume🔛. By trading at specific session timings during the day, traders can capitalize on real market movement and volatility. This is useful in all trading strategies and something many traders overlook.
- SMC encourages traders to focus on 🕒lower time frames🕒. By trading the lower time frames, you open yourself up to being able to trade a huge number of trades per month or quarter. When compared to a swing trader that takes 1 or 2 positions in the month, it is clear that the intraday trader will most likely net better returns, if they have a profitable edge in the markets!
For these reasons, there is a slight difference between technical analysis and SMC within forex trading. However, the majority of the approach is the same – just 🥸dressed up to appear more intelligent!
SMC trading is a complex but effective trading strategy. By understanding the principles of SMC and by using the right tools, retail traders can increase their chances of making profitable trades. 👍
Here are the steps involved in SMC trading:
- Identify the key levels of support and resistance. 🛡️
- Analyze the order flow to identify the buying and selling activity of large institutions. 📝
- Use trend lines and channels to identify the direction of the trend. ↗️
- Enter trades in the direction of the trend and place stop-losses below support or above resistance. 🛑
- Take profits when the price reaches your target or when the trend reverses. 💰
SMC trading is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It takes time and effort to learn how to trade effectively with this strategy. However, if you are willing to put in the work, SMC trading can be a very profitable way to trade the markets. 📈
Some Frequently Asked Questions.
See other articles
Have you ever wondered where the world's wealthiest individuals go when they want to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life? 🌎💰 It's not just about luxury and extravagance; the ultra-rich seek exclusive and extraordinary experiences in some of the world's most pristine and opulent destinations. 🌴🏔️ Buckle up, because this is the ultimate tour of where the ultra-rich spend their holidays! ✈️🌟
Jeff Bezos has always been an advocate of thinking long-term. He famously stated, 'If everything you do needs to work on a three-year time horizon, then you're competing against a lot of people.' His emphasis on long-term vision enabled Amazon to focus on customer satisfaction and invest in disruptive technologies, even if they didn't yield immediate profits. Aspiring entrepreneurs should adopt this mindset, recognizing that building a successful business often takes years, if not decades. Patience and persistence are vital components of achieving financial success.
🏢📈 The annual Fortune 500 list is a prestigious compilation showcasing the largest US companies, ranked by their total revenue, as published by Fortune Magazine. In a world increasingly shaped by technology, these companies acknowledge the vital significance of establishing a robust online presence to effectively connect with a global audience of customers, investors, and stakeholders.